Some news...as you may be aware, in September 2009 I had a meningioma [fortunately a benign brain tumour] removed by a wonderful surgeon, Dr Brindha Shivalingham at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital [Brindha has appeared on the television show filmed in the hospital called RPA]. On Friday, I had my last physiotherapy appointment at Royal Rehabilitation Centre with my wonderful Physio, Clare and was discharged as an Outpatient. I still have proprioception "issues" with my legs - mainly my left - due to where the tumour had been sitting. I've come a long way in 6 months and am so grateful that I can move my legs and that I will be able to play soccer today! I probably won't be as fast - but I will give it a go!!
On Friday, just before I left - I saw another patient, James Gribble, who had been there much longer than me - we did hydrotherapy at the same time and I was in awe of his inner drive to walk - to keep going - to never give up - an inspiration to me!!
On the CREATIVE front...I was paging through my copy of Green Craft magazine yesterday & found a fun idea on pg 55 on making "Coffee Gift Tags" from a cardboard coffee sleeve.
There is a new coffee shop at Top Ryde a Korean based called Tom n Toms [press English at the top of the page]- the coffee is pretty good and I love the graphics inside their shop and on their cups, etc. I thought I would have a go at creating one.And put a fun quote on the back!!
[hee hee]
I love [good] coffee!!
haha you're so cute!! :P
ReplyDeleteAs I see the time was 9:43 and I called about a half hour after this was posted. So good to talk to you today - it is still April 11th - one month since dad's heart attack. He's working hard at recovery - you are an inspiration to us both. Love your creative mind and the cute comment you made on the "coffee tag"!!! I will check out James blog and also try to get to Grace's as well. ENJOY your soccer game today!!! Have FUN!
ReplyDeleteLove this!! Love you
ReplyDeletexxxx
so cute! i have favorited this page so i will be keeping up with you. really wished i could have gone to your sendoff dinner and then dessert - really sad that i missed you. :(
ReplyDeletelove these! we miss you so much.
ReplyDelete