Sunday, January 8, 2012

Keep Calm and Do Art

It has been nearly 1 year since I lasted posted on my blog (not good).  One one of my 2012 resolutions was to get back to it (good idea)!

So - last year, my word was "possible", this year I have chosen the word "CALM".

The KEEP CALM and CARRY ON British poster was on my desk for a few years - reminding me of what I needed to do at work.  This is the first page of my daily diary for 2012!

In addition to keeping the blog going - I also wanted to get back into art work again (on a regular basis) - I thought about a daily challenge - but decided on a weekly one.  

Each week - I will use a prompt from "HOW TO BE AN EXPLORER OF THE WORLD" by Keri Smith as inspiration - and will complete at least an art journal page.  I also have added to my challenge to some how incorporate the word "CALM" into my weekly art (or something that reminds me of this word).

 

Week 1: Exploration #1
WRITE 10 THINGS ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE SITTING RIGHT NOW THAT YOU HADN'T NOTICED WHEN YOU SAT DOWN. USE YOUR SENSES. DO IT QUICKLY. DO NOT CENSOR.  OKAY BEGIN.


I quickly wrote down 10 things I saw - and took a quick picture (I'm sure they guy who sits next to me thought this was very strange).  Today I completed this art journal page noting the 10 things I spotted.  My computer screen was a boring blue so I covered my computer screen with a photo I had taken at the beach on 2 Jan.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. You're back!
    I love this. I actually bought that book too. & It made me think of you.., I meant to send you one... never did. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! I'm enjoying this week's exploration - I've put a twist on it! Fun! Nice to be back!

    ReplyDelete