At the beginning of 2008, I decided my project for the year was going to be taking a photo every day which is an idea I got from the Project 365. It was fun and challenging! Towards November that year - I thought I would combine my photo-a-day with another thing a 26 Letter Exemplar [one that is typical or representative; an example] like this one published in Somerset Studio.
My idea was to photograph one letter of the alphabet each day - found in signs, on the sidewalk, in shops. I eventually put them all together to form my own exemplar!
Now some inspiration - for the last 3 years, I have gone to the Armory at Homebush and the Art Gallery of NSW to check out ARTEXPRESS - an exhibition of bodies of work by high school students submitted for the Higher School Certificate [HSC] examination in Visual Arts in New South Wales, Australia. [Grace and Emma will be submitting their bodies of work this year for their HSC].
My favourite was this piece by Eloise Kent called "The Nature of Vanity" - she stitched around objects that correlated to a part of the body that someone may want to change or enhance through plastic surgery - it was pretty amazing!
There is art all around us - in the lobby of the building I work in there is a display of Aborginal Art - this is one of the bright & colourful pieces - on sale for I think around AUD35,000.
Some nice eye candy to ENJOY each day I go into work!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Great post! Can't wait to see Emma and Grace's projects. I love the letters idea.
ReplyDelete